Sunday, March 1, 2015

Famous Last Words: Week 7

My post for this week will be mixed with positive and negative things that have happened to me and/or my family.

First of all, I finally realized that I had "bitten off more than I could chew" in regards to taking 15 credit hours this semester.  I made the decision to drop out of a class to lessen the pressure I was feeling every day and the fear that I was not going to pass all my classes if I didn't reduce my stress level.  This is both a positive and negative decision for me.  The positive is that I will feel less pressure and stress on me from all the demands of maintaining such a full class load.  The negative is that I won't be graduating this semester after all.  I'm ok with that because I know I will only have to take 1 class next semester and I'll finally be done.

My family life has also had some ups and downs this week.  My husband had surgery to repair a broken foot, so that has put a lot more responsibility on my shoulders for keeping the house in shape and taking care of the kids more on my own.  The positive things have been I've had more "quiet time" to myself since I'm not enrolled in so many hours now.  I actually have more time to devote to studying and housecleaning.  Lol   I do love being a mother, housewife and student, but I do also want to get out into the workforce someday.  I know my time will come, but it will just be delayed a little bit due to reducing my class load.

The snow has been so beautiful to look at and I've taken lots of pics of the kids playing outside in it.  They love it, but I'm not really a cold loving person.  We love to watch the birds eating birdseed off of the windowsill and the bird feeder.  We've seen so many cardinals in the snow.  Their red feathers make them stand out against the white snow! 

 (personal photo of my kids--February 28, 2015)

The funniest thing that happened this week was when my son took a couple of our cats outside and put them in the snow.  I was cracking up watching them shake off their paws and try to figure out how to get out of the cold snow.  I'll post a pic of one of them in the snow.  I guess that's about it for this post this week.  Thank you for reading it!

(personal photo of my cat, Luna--February 28, 2015)



No comments:

Post a Comment