Sunday, February 22, 2015

Famous Last Words: Week 6

Well, I was hoping that this week's post would be about having a great week and not being as stressed as I have been in my previous week's posts, but it turns out it wasn't much better.  Let me apologize now, if my Famous Last Words posts seems to be mostly on the negative side.  I'm really not a negative Nancy, but this semester has been wrought with new & unexpected stressors almost every week.

I took my first Trigonometry test and it did not go as well as I had hoped.  I will probably need to get a tutor, if I want to pass this class.  My other classes are going ok.  I'm doing pretty well in my Capstone class, my TA Psychology class, and my Research Methods II class & lab.

In this class, I came across several interesting posts and storybooks.  One in particular drew me in just by reading the title.  The title was something like LSD: The Yellow Submarine.  The storyline left me with a lot of unanswered questions, but it also intrigued me enough to want to visit it again and again to see how the story progresses.  Good job, Lillian on such an interesting Storybook so far!

As for my personal life, I'm preparing for my husband to have surgery tomorrow morning (if the weather doesn't interfere with the current plan).  He is a medically fragile man & any surgery could be potentially life threatening to him.  I also found out that my oldest daughter is pregnant again with child #4 and she is a single mother.  She has asked my husband and I to adopt the child once it is born in August sometime.  This is an exciting time for us, but also stressful too because this will be a high risk pregnancy for her.  

As most of you know already, we are foster parents and already have 5 children in our home right now.  I need to graduate this semester, so I can go to work part or full time once our newest addition is old enough to go to Early Head Start (somewhere around September or October).

I know most of you are a lot younger than I am and probably have completely different stressors in your lives than I do.  Please bare with me as I post each week.  I'm just trying to survive this semester without turning into a crazy woman and writing about it seems to help somehow.  Thank you for letting me vent.



No comments:

Post a Comment