Thursday, February 12, 2015

Extra Reading Diary--Turkish Fairy Tales

Today I chose to read the first half of the Unit called Turkish Fairy Tales.  My favorite stories were The Fish-Peri and The Fish-Peri (cont.).  This was an interesting story about a man who lost his family and didn't know what to do with himself after that loss.  He ends up catching a fish that turns into a beautiful maiden.  This story may have a sad beginning, but it turns out to have a very happy ending.  The fish maiden helps out the man with every task the King throws at him.  I like how the fish maiden was loyal to the man because he had spared her life when he found her.

My favorite character would be the fish maiden.  She is very beautiful, kind-hearted, forgiving, loyal, and helpful to the man and I admire those qualities in a person.  I like the fact that she chose to help him by cleaning his house and helping him with all the difficult tasks that the King threw at him to do.  I also admire the quality that she possesses with helping someone in need.  I can identify with this character because of her qualities.

The illustration is a perfect picture of the Fish-Peri and the man.  I think it is a beautiful picture and I think the font of the title is perfect.  The chosen font is wavy and flowing like the water and a fish's tail.  Tome, the picture also looks like it depicts a castle in the background.  In the story, one of the difficult tasks that the King asks him to do was build him a beautiful, golden castle.

No comments:

Post a Comment